Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 3 - WK 1

Today we began researching carbon footprints and studies about apps for smartphones and ridesharing.  I found that there are several small ridesharing apps in some of the larger metropolitan areas such as Los Angeles and Seattle.  One example is Avego. Another site I looked at was Zimride, which was started for college campuses in LA and SF.  There are nationwide ridsharing opportunities for not just commuting, but also traveling to other areas or states through erideshare.com. During lunch I traveled to Northwest HS to meet with my new principal.  Below you can actually see the track I took for the day, from my home in Decatur to Wal-Mart, through the drive-through for breakfast, to UNT, NHS,back to UNT and home.

Alex installed gpsbabel on the 2 computers that Kim and I are using in the lab B239. The SD was taken from the device and uploaded to Dropbox. We then used phpMyGPX link to upload and view the .gpx files using the map viewer and detail function. We also recognized that there’s a glitch using Microsoft Internet Explorer so we found Firefox and Google Chrome works just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment